Pioneering research by Stonewall has made a categorical link between gay people being themselves at work and their performance.
INTERVIEW: Have you ever considered a career as a police officer? We caught up with PC Ross Leopold to find out what it is like working within the Hertfordshire Constabulary
Millivres-Prowler Group is Europe’s leading publisher, retailer and distributor of products and services aimed at the gay and lesbian market. Our main brands include Gay Times, DIVA, Pink Paper, Prowler, DIVA Direct and Expectations.
Yorkshire MESMAC Group of Services is an independent group of community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
We expect all our staff to be able to demonstrate the following core competencies.
• A commitment to equal opportunities and anti-oppressive practice.
• An ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds in a respectful and empowering way.
• A strong and full commitment to confidentiality.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• The ability to work as part of a diverse team.
We are seeking to appoint:
Community Development Worker – Scarborough, Post A
You will work with local Gay, Bisexual and men who have sex with men to ascertain their sexual health and HIV prevention needs and take action to meet them.
In addition to the core competencies you should also be able to show:
• An understanding of the particular issues faced by Gay, Bisexual and men who have sex with men, and the wider LGBT community in a range of settings.
• A commitment to and a personal understanding of the issues that affect LGBT communities.
• A commitment to Community Development principles.
Salary: NJC Scale 6 starting at £22, 221 pro rata + 5% pension and membership of Leeds Hospital Fund. 22.5 hours per week – Contract ongoing - reviewed annually.
User Participation and Skill Development Worker – Bradford, Post B
You will work with local communities to increase the opportunities for local people; to contribute to improving the social well-being of people living with HIV in Bradford through voluntary action.
The ability to develop
• A team of volunteers from the local community to deliver health promotion activity and ‘Positive speaking’ opportunities .
• A commitment to voluntary action.
• To manage and co-ordinate a complex portfolio of volunteering opportunities.
Salary: NJC Scale 6 starting at £22, 221 pro rata +5% pension and membership of Leeds Hospital Fund. 18.5 hours per week – One year contract
Finance/Admin Assistant – Bradford, Post C
You will assist the Finance/Administration Coordinator in ensuring the smooth running of the organisation and welcome people to the building.
• You will need to be familiar with word processing and spreadsheets packages
• Have good organisational and team working skills
• Have good communication skills
Salary: NJC Scale 4 starting at £17, 161 pro rata + 5% pension and membership of Leeds Hospital Fund. 18.5 hours per week - Contract ongoing - reviewed annually.
For application forms and pack please state which post you are interested in, either A, B or C and:
write to: Yorkshire MESMAC PO BOX 417 Leeds LS1 5PN
tel: (0113) 2444209 email: firstname.lastname@example.org visit our website: www.mesmac.co.uk
Closing date is: Noon on Tuesday 16th March.
Interviews for all posts will be held week commencing 22nd March
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407) Job share applications are welcomed.
© Copyright 2009 Pinkwire, Talent Media.
Designd & powerd by ENTWURF.